Thursday, October 4, 2018

Project-1 for MSTU5003 Summary

l  Personal Intention
I design this resume website to offer people who want to know more about myself from a professional perspective. In addition, I want to further develop this website to demonstrate my skills to future employers in the following weeks.
l  Design Purpose
This website is designed as a combination of resume and portfolio, for job hunting and displaying my projects.
l  Intended Audience
The intended audience include potential employers and people who just want to know more about me in a professional way.
l  Design Inspiration
When I first started sketching my resume website, I opened my resume first. The first version of my resume website is very much similar to my resume. The format is the same, and I only added the background image and a cute picture and colored the words.
The second version changed the format. It has been divided into three columns, so the length of the page has been shortened. This design inspiration came from what I learned two weeks ago, the flexbox.
The last version is very different from the first two version. I started a whole new file. The inspiration of this version came from a front-end developer—Juleha’s resume website. Her resume website attracted me immediately when I browsed, having an attractive photo of herself as homepage background picture and clearly telling the viewers she is a front-end developer. I like this clarity and straightforward. Inspired by this, I divvied my resume website into four parts: home, resume, project, and contact. The home page I put a photo of myself as the background image and tell viewers who I am clearly and straightforwardly. If viewers are attracted by the homepage, hopefully they will click “resume”, “contact “or “project” in the navigation bar on the left-top corner.
l  Technical execution:

every version I tried the new technique I have learned in the class. The first version I tried the basics, setting background image, color, etc. The second version I tried the flexbox technique and a bit animation. As for the last one, I have my sketch done first, instead of what techniques I can apply. I thought about using the carousel in the third version, but then I find it does not match with my whole design. The last version, I used flexbox, animation, positioning, responsive design, using bootstrap and google fonts, fontawesome. I am not very used to using bootstrap, because I am not very used to using others’ code, I think I need to practice more on that. I did most of the third version with Lizhen and Ryan in the library. We discussed each other’s design and give some comments. When I have something did not work, I usually will use inspect to check and I also asked Lizhen and Ryan for help to see if they knew how to solve. Also, google helps me a lot and the YouTube video which Shuai recommended on slack is very helpful. The next step I want to take is to redesign my resume part. I hope I can give it more interest. I will also work on the bootstrap part to get used to using other’s style code.

No comments:

Post a Comment

5003 Final Project

Introduction  github: https://yuemu22.github.io/Final_Project/ This website is the final project for MSTU 5003. It is a website intro...